Companion price for 2 participants: $598 (Participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a paid adult)
Please input the coupon code “MEETDP201612” to enjoy the companion discount.
Cantonese, supplemented by simple English or Putonghua.
Ocean Park (the Park)
Meet the Dolphin Education Programme
Rules and Regulations
Who can join the programme?
For the health and safety of all participants, staff and animals, every participant must meet the following criteria in order to participate in the programme. Participants must be aware that all encounters with animals involve a degree of unpredictability, where quick reactions and strict attention to directions from the Park’s staff are essential. If at any time during the programme any participant is assessed by the Park’s staff as not being able to fulfil the following criteria, he/she will be asked to leave the programme and he/she must immediately comply with such directions.
Section I: Criteria for Participation
- Participants must be aged 3 years or above and of a minimum height of 1 metre. Both adults and children are welcome.
- Participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a paying parent/guardian Remark 1 who satisfies all programme requirements.
- Participants, or in the case of participants under the age of 15, their accompanying parent/guardian must complete and sign a Health Declaration Form before commencing the programme.
- Participants, or in the case of participants under the age of 18, their parent/guardian must sign a Liability Release before commencing the programme.
- The programme will mainly be conducted in Cantonese supplemented with English or Putonghua. English or Putonghua-speaking sessions can be arranged upon request at the application.
- Participants must at all times strictly follow every instruction given by the Park’s staff to the satisfaction of the staff giving the instruction.
- Any unnecessary accessories must not be worn and participants must wear all provided warm clothing, including safety glasses, boots & surgical gloves, before they enter and at all times whilst in the activity venue.
- In case of emergency, participants must be able to quickly exit the activity venue under the guidance of Park’s staff.
- Participants must not be suffering from any infectious disease Remark 2 specified in the First Schedule to the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap 599 of the laws of Hong Kong SAR).
- Participants must not have open cuts or infections.
- This programme is not recommended for any person who is pregnant. To comply with health and safety considerations, pregnant participants must provide a valid current approval from a Hong Kong certified medical practitioner certifying that she is safe to participate in the programme.
- Participants who are suffering from any disease (including, but not limited to, fever, coughing, cold/flu, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, skin disease, heart disease, lung disease, haemophilia, epilepsy, fainting/giddiness/loss of consciousness when in close contact with animals, phobia of water or animals, allergy to fish or depressed immune mechanisms), under the influence of medication and/or alcohol are not recommended to participate in this programme.
- No device or equipment (including camera and recording device) is to be taken into the activity venue without the prior permission of the Park’s Supervisor.
- All participants must pass a body temperature check before they commence the programme. If a participant’s body temperature is outside the range of 36.8° ± 0.4°Celsius, then he or she may not be permitted to join the programme.
- Participants with embossed accessories on their acrylic or gel nails are not recommended to join this programme. To comply with safety considerations, they must warp their nails with medical tape before the encounter.
- The Park’s staff shall at all times have the full and final right to determine whether any participant is suitable for the programme and may refuse entry if refusal is necessary to ensure safety or order.
- If the Park’s property is found to be lost or damaged during the programme, reimbursement in full cost must be made by the participant.
- The criteria listed above are subject to change at the discretion of the Park and without prior notice.
1. 'Guardian' has the same meaning as in the < Guardianship of Minors Ordinance >.
2. These diseases include acute poliomyelitis, amoebic dysentery, anthrax, bacillary dysentery, botulism, chickenpox, chikungunya fever, cholera, community-associated methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus infection, creutzfeldt-jakob disease, dengue fever, diphtheria, enterovirus 71 infection, food poisoning, haemophilus influenza type b infection (invasive), hantavirus infection, influenza A (H2), Variant Influenza A (H3N2), influenza A (H5), influenza A (H7), influenza A (H9), Japanese encephalitis, legionnaires' disease, leprosy, leptospirosis, listeriosis, malaria, measles, meningococcal infection (invasive), mumps, paratyphoid fever, plague, psittacosis, Q fever, rabies, relapsing fever, rubella and congenital rubella syndrome, scarlet fever, severe acute respiratory syndrome, Severe Respiratory Disease associated with Novel Coronavirus, Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli infection, smallpox, streptococcus suis infection, tetanus, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, typhus and other rickettsial diseases, viral haemorrhagic fever, viral hepatitis, west Nile virus Infection, whooping cough, and yellow fever.
Section II: Application Procedure
It is highly recommended to make a reservation by submitting your application form, or contacting Education Department at 3923-2323 (select the language and press ), prior to attending the Park due to the limited capacity. Applications will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis.
Application forms and information can be obtained from the following locations:
- Ocean Park website:www.oceanpark.com.hk;
- Guest Relations at the Park's Entrance
- Ticketing Offices at the Park's Entrance
- Applications can be made by the following methods:
• Via Internet or Fax: A minimum of 2 days advance booking;
• In-person at Ocean Park Main Entrance Ticketing Office: a minimum of 1 day advance booking before 5 p.m.
Upon receipt of the completed application form, the applicant will receive an email confirmation letter. Payment will be settled within 1 day by credit card or participant must settle the payment by cash transfer at least 5 working days before the date of programme.
• Subject to availability at the time of application. Apply in person at Ocean Paradise Souvenir Shop (Next to Ocean Theatre).
- One application form per applicant only. Please photocopy the form if necessary.
- Date of programme must be booked within 3 months from the date of application.
- If the payment is not received within the aforementioned period, the application will automatically be cancelled and the vacancy will be made available to other interested parties.
- In the case of participants under the age of 15, the application form must be completed and signed by his/her parent/guardian.
- Please arrive at the gathering point on time. Latecomers might not be admitted to the programme.
- The participant’s name, confirmation letter and the credit card used for payment should be presented for verification on the date of the visit.
- If you are a SmartFun Annual Pass holder, please present your original SmartFun Annual Pass for the purpose of verification on the programme date. If the participant fails to comply, he/she must settle the price difference before the programme commencement.
- The date of programme cannot be changed once confirmed, except in the circumstances stated in Section III. All payments made are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Session capacity: 8
- No accompanying guest is allowed.
- The itinerary or content of the programme may be subject to change without prior notice.
- A valid admission ticket to the Park is required to join the programme. The price of the admission ticket is not included in the programme fee.
- We will take all practicable steps to destroy your personal data within a reasonable period of time that is six months from the programme date. However, where you consent or do not object to the use of your personal data in direct marketing, we may continue to retain and use your personal data (primary your name and contact details) in direct marketing product, service, activities and other subjects to you until you opt out from direct marketing at any time.
Section III: Cancellation
Cancellation of the Programme may be made in the following circumstances:
- Inclement weather, including but not limited to the hoisting of Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal no.3 or above, or amber rainstorm warning or above issued by Hong Kong Observatory; or
- Any safety issue regarding any participant, staff or animals; or
- Decision for immediate cancellation of the Programme at sole discretion of the Executive Director of Zoological Operations & Education Division of the Park or his/her delegate.
Programme will be re-scheduled for the affected participants under the above mentioned circumstances.
Ocean Park Corporation (the "Park" or "we")
Personal Information Collection Statement
We have created this Statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy and to disclose our information gathering and dissemination practices.
Manner of Collection
We primarily collect personal information directly by requesting that you complete forms or questionnaires, and also in connection with provision of services, activities or facilities to you at your request.
We may also collect information regarding your internet protocol address, browser type, domain name and access time.
Personal Data which may be Collected
From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply us with different categories of personal information in connection with our provision of services, activities and facilities, depending on the nature of the services, activities and facilities offered. The personal information we collect may include (but not limited to) your name, age, title, position, address, contact number (including mobile phone and fax numbers) and email address. The personal information may also relate to other persons relevant to the information, services, activities or facilities you have requested, for example, personal information of your children or other family members. The provision of personal data or any information is voluntary, but any failure to supply the necessary personal data or information requested may result in us being unable to process your requests or provide the services, activities and facilities requested by you.
Certain education or other programmes or activities offered by us are group activities and will be conducted within the habitat in which the animals or organisms live at Ocean Park or on the Park's premises. Such activities are also conducted during operating hours of the Park and guests other than the participants will be able to observe the encounter. For this reason, there are chances a participant may be photographed by our staff or other participants of such activities or guests within the habitat or on the premises. It is therefore a condition that each participant of such activities unconditionally agrees to be photographed by our staff or other participants or guests during the course of the activities. Submission of the application to participate in the relevant activities constitutes the acceptance of this condition by the applicant.
We may also generate and compile information about you. Personal data and other information provided by you or generated and compiled by us about you from time to time is collectively referred to as "Your Information".
Use of Your Information
We may use Your Information for one or more of the following purposes from time to time:
- providing and processing applications or requests for services, activities and facilities, including but not limited to the purchase of Ocean Park tickets and applications for education programmes/activities of Ocean Park Academy Hong Kong and for SmartFun Annual Pass Memberships, operation of our website and matters relating to the administration, management, operation and maintenance of the same;
- communicating with you, including but not limited to responding to your requests for information, services, activities and facilities;
- designing and offering contests, games, lucky draws, promotions, surveys and/or events;
- enabling you to send e-mails, e-cards of preferred pages from our website to friends;
- marketing products, services, activities, facilities and other subjects (please see further details in "Use of Your Information in Direct Marketing" section below and you may opt out from receiving marketing information);
- tailoring your experience at our website, showing content of interest, displaying the content according to your preferences by use of demographic information which is shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis (without revealing the identity of individual user of our website);
- diagnosing problems with our server and administering our website by use of your Internet Protocol address;
- conducting internal statistical research and analysis;
- making disclosure when required by any law, court order, direction, code or guideline applicable in or outside Hong Kong;
- investigating and handling complaints or cases involving the Park, including Ocean Park Academy Hong Kong or Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong, or any of our guests or website users; and
- preventing, detecting or investigating suspicious or illegal activities.
If personal data is to be displayed after collection, e.g. in announcing contest winners details, due care will be given to anonymize it and to advise you in advance.
Disclosure of Your Information
We value all personal information received and do our best to maintain its privacy. Except with your prior consent or as required by law, we will not transfer or disclose Your Information to any third party except that we may transfer or disclose Your Information in or outside Hong Kong as stated below (and we will not transfer Your Information to another party for it to use in direct marketing):-
- our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associations;
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor or service provider who provides services or advice to us in connection with our operations as required to enable us to provide, or assist us in providing, the services, activities or facilities you have requested;
- if you consent or do not object to our use of Your Information in direct marketing (please see further details in "Use of Your Information in Direct Marketing" section below), our marketing communications and operations partners with whom we share information for the purpose of providing you with special offers and information;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us; and
- any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law, court order, direction, code or guideline applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
You should note that as we have no control over the acts of any third party that is not our agent (e.g. any governmental agency to whom we are required to disclose Your Information), the privacy protection stated in this Statement ceases to apply to any information which has been disclosed to such a third party in accordance with this Statement. We endeavour to deal only with responsible third parties but assume no responsibility for the privacy protection provided by such third parties.
Use of Your Information in Direct Marketing
We are allowed to use Your Information in direct marketing only if you consent or do not object.
In connection with direct marketing, we intend:
- to use your name, contact details, customer profiling information, services, products and activities portfolio information and transaction pattern and behaviour collected, compiled, generated or held by us from time to time; and
- to market and promote the products, services, activities, facilities, education programmes, contests, games, lucky draws, promotions and/or events relating to the Park (including Ocean Park Academy Hong Kong and Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong) or our business associations and partners, including:
- our SmartFun Annual Pass programme reward scheme and other offerings
- in-park food and beverage promotions
- in-park retail products promotions
- family, educational or recreational activities
- news and updates on the Park's facilities, attractions and animal information or Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong
- special events, charity events or special programmes
- ticket purchasing and related information
- animal and environmental conservation
- transportation services
- hotel accommodation and hospitality
- survey; and
products and services provided by our business associations and partners include:
- airline and transportation services
- travel services and products
- food and beverages
- household products
- personal care products
- telecommunications and related products and services
- books and other printed materials
- audio and visual products
- education, toys and children goods and services
- leisure products
- sporting products
- beauty products and services
- fashion and apparel
- flowers and hampers
- banking, financial and insurance products
- watches and jewellery
- computers, electronic products and games
- cars and related products and services
- internet and social media services
- real estate property
- shopping malls
- supermarkets and convenience stores
- museums, cultural centres, cinemas and other venues and related programmes, exhibitions, shows and entertainment
- hotel accommodation and hospitality
- vouchers, coupons and gift cards
- charity events
Data Access and Correction
If you wish to exercise any such right, please send an e-mail to our Guest Relations Manager at email@example.com write to:
Guest Relations Manager
Ocean Park Corporation
Ocean Park, Aberdeen, Hong Kong
Telephone : (852) 3923 2323
Facsimile : (852) 2873 5584
Part of the programme proceeds will go to the Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong to support its research projects and public awareness programmes for wildlife conservation in Asia.